Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bliss, Bliss & more Bliss

I like the list of things that make me happy and it reminded me of other things that make me blissfully happy, so here is another volume of things that make Wendy happy!

My cousin Stacey reminded me of gum, how could I have forgotten gum? It really goes along with the chapstick. I have a pack stashed everywhere, I hate being without gum. I never was without gum either, until Connor was born, he is the gum bandit and can sniff it out. Just ask the people who detailed my car last month and told me there was some gum they couldn't get off the back seat (Shhhh, don't tell Jason) Orbit sweetmint seems to be the favorite flavor lately. And, of course chocolate, especially this chocolate that I got for $.50 a bag at CVS! Woohoo! I love Symphony bars with toffee bits the VERY best if you wanted to drop any off at my house.

I also ADORE sweet smelling babies right out of the tub! YUMMY! This is Ashley in her cozy robe. I was teaching her how to wrap her hair up in a towel. As she was trying to balance her Carmen Miranda hat on her head she said "Mom, this does not work on children!"

And my All-Time MOST favorite is BABY FEET! Seriously, is there anything sweeter? These are little Connor's baby feet, they are bigger now, but still awefully cute.


And finally, another one of my addictions. Cute shoes. I really do have a problem. I usually find them when I am out shopping for someone else's birthday or Christmas presents. It goes something like this: One for you, one for me, one for you, one for me. These are my very favorite "party shoes" They look like Lucille Ball to me or something very vintage & fancy.

These are my favorite foxy black strappy shoes. They look better when standing, but it's hard to take pictures of your shoes when you are wearing them, and they look much better with feet in them.

These are my favorite red shoes. They are the highest, but actually quite comfortable. They are soft and suedy too! Ahhhhhh.

And you've got to have a pair of wedge shoes. These just go with everything. The last time I wore them they broke though, I have to get them fixed because I will cry if they are gone forever.

And then, the piece de resistance. (add your own french accents there) My fuzzy slippers. My kids love them, they think I've "stepped in Elmo" Dogs love them too, they try to attack my feet, I don't wear them outside anymore.

17 comments:

Jadyn said...

How fun! I love all of those things too! Especially the shoes: Gotta have them. Connor's gum addiction made me laugh too. I remember babysitting him once and I turned my bakc for one second just to find him on top of the piano with a pack of gum. =) He's a funny guy.
~Jadyn

Jill Ison said...

your shoes are way cuter than mine.! whats up with that? love the vintagy ones for sure. how did i not get cheap chocolate? i NEED cheap chocolate!

Jacque said...

well, my cankles will not allow me to wear darling little strappy shoes anymore, I have resorted to grandma good for you shoes...(so sad!) But I have a word of advice for you....Step away from the symphony bars...(another thing we have in common, my all time favorite!) Cuz, the only thing we DON'T have in common is our figures, and I have a few years on you, so if you keep eating the symphony bars......you too could look like me!!! LOL! A fate worse than death!!!!!

Lolo said...

You are so fun! i love your shoe photo shoot, thanks for taking all that time to take those lovely pictures you shared with us. LOL! I buy shoes but never wear them cause Im a flip flop gal deep down as much as I hate to admit it. I used to have gum all the time too but I have a gum bandit of my own.

Varney Family said...

You are awesome...K - first of all you have the cutest feet ever! Second - I would love it if I could get away with wearing heals that high, it would make me taller than my hubby (and I HATE that!) Third - sweet mint orbitz it the best and my 2 year old loves it too (of which I am totally bummed)Where do you find your great shoes at? Seriously so fabulous!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

connor is a gum bandit, that's funny. Wow, I don't even own that many pair of shoes. I guess I'm not a shoe gal. Maybe b/c I have ginormous feet with no arch? :) Yeah, that's it. Oh to have pretty Wendy feet. :) Symphony bars rock. If you want some, you know where they are hidden at our house.

Karen said...

Ah yes, all those things you love! Too cute. I love all those fun shoes too! Someday I will get to wear beautiful shoes again. I'm counting on it!

Heather said...

Love those SASSY shoes! I love your aprons too. I MUST put on chapstick after i brush my teeth (weird i know). Burts Bees is my fav.
When I have a choco emergency, i know where i'm headed!! :)

Connie said...

I'm tempted to post my shoes (and feet) as a joke after seeing your cute ones! But it would be like one of Cinderella's step sisters and we couldn't have that. I have to tell you that my Grampa Victor always smelled like Juicy Fruit gum and we would check all his pockets to find a stick of old, hardened gum to chew...and thought we were in heaven. (Some things never change for kids.)

Michelle said...

I LOVE these 2 posts! You are so cute! I love you posed on your couch and in your aprons! And you have cute shoes - my friend Michelle (yes, there are lots of Michelle's up here) has a huge shoe problem as well (and I am starting to get one).

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Wendy those SHOES! LOVE THEM! I really like the black ones with the bows...I need some where did you get them...of course I won't be able to wear them until the ice covering the parking lots, sidewalks, and driveways dissappears... but I would like to be prepared for the day...LOL!

Renae said...

I think that is one of the reasons I like to sit by you in church. I could stare at your shoes all day. That and the stimulating conversations. ;)

Staceygirl said...

It's good that small things can make you happy. I love that pic of Ashley... she's a doll.

Pam said...

Oh my goodness Wendy all this time I have seen your picture and your comments on others blogs and totally didn't realize that it was the Wendy I knew. Your picture totally threw me off. Until your comment then I clicked on your blog and holy cow I'm like hey that's Wendy. Am I so lame or what??? Anyway I loved your list of things you love and I love love all your fabulous shoes. Thanks for letting me catch up with you and your family. They are so cute.

Kelly said...

Hi, thank you for your sweet comment and support. I sure love you guys! I wish I could see you all more often, And I love love love love the shoes! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES!

Jacque said...

Okay Wendy, I'm ready for a new post on your blog. I always look forward to your wit and humor....and, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I love knowing you better! Like I said, I love blogs! They make it possible for busy people to sneak a peek at their loved ones, even in their pj's in the middle of the night!LOL!

Mandy Stewart said...

Will you go shoe shopping with me. I adore those shoes.... I think I am too cheep cuz I never am in love with my shoes!