Last week we had Jason's family Christmas party. One of the white elephant gifts was this lemon. Now this was no ordinary lemon, this was a supersize, mega, jumbo lemon.
I'm thinking, hey, one of these lemons and I can make a whole pitcher of lemonade, or 3-4 lemon meringue pies. I wouldn't have believed it was true except that we got it from one of Jason's cousins who I know is a pillar of honesty. She said that her lemon tree just grows these giant "miracle grow" lemons. They are this size even when they are green.
So then I had to see what it would look like on the inside, and if it would really taste good. The verdict is...... YES, it tasted just like a delicious, sour lemon. And although it is ginormous from the outside there is quite a thick rind so it's not quite as much lemon as you might think.
I just thought this was kind of a funny looking fruit, and worth an honorable mention on my ever so humble blog. I'm sure that your mouth is watering for pie now huh?
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
I love the word "ginormous". It's so much better than big or huge. ;) And that was definitely one ginormous lemon! My parents get a couple like that every year. I loved the gingerbread cookies also! I'm saving the kid cookie day for when they get out of school and they're making me crazy. (which will be the afternoon of the 19th. ;)
Holy moly! That lemon is a freak of nature! Very odd.
Holy lemon batman!
that thing is aweosome!
I know... I typoed again.
All I have to say is......wholy Crap! I have never seen such a thing. Thanks for sharing the pics, otherwise I may have never believed you.
that's hilarious. I want some pie. I don't think I've ever seen anybody blog about a lemon so good job!
you got your slideshow going! good job. so cute!
Hey there Ms Jones--
I just got a card from Julee in my mail and it had her blog address on it, so I checked it out. Lo and behold you were on her blog, so then I popped over to visit you.
I miss you guys! I never stamp any more....I need help! We love it in Maricopa and have a great ward, but no one as inspirational and fun as you and Julee.
The kids have sure grown up! Did you hear Kaylene moved to Kingman? Anyway's Happy holiday's. I have a blog too....if you want, I will invite you (mine is private)....just send me an email allysoncrandall@yahoo.com
Wow! what a funny thing. Have a Merry Christmas!
I love your new fam pic SO cute!
Post a Comment