Friday, December 26, 2008

Gingerbread Houses!

We make a gingerbread house every year for Christmas. Unfortuntely this December seemed to go by so quickly that we never got around to making our gingerbread house until Christmas Eve. (From a kit of course, I am not talented enough to actually make the gingerbread, I can barely get the icing out of the bag) Anyway, Costco sells this fantastic kit and it didn't turn out too badly. The kids are on a little bit of a sugar high here, so excuse the crazy faces. This is Connor working so hard on our cobblestone path. It went, one for you, one for me, one for you, one for me.....
This is little Ashley putting some holiday decorations on our cute little house. It didn't last as long this year. Since we made it so late, they started picking at it as soon as we were done.
Dylan is always the architect, telling everyone what candies to put where. He is the baker/chef in our family.

Sadly, I think that Tyler thinks he is too old to help out with these fun projects. Not to mention his Uncle Jed was here so he was busy learning about animation with him. And here is our finished little cottage of gingerbread. Not too bad as far as ours go, sometime I will have to post "gingerbread houses throughout the years" Until then...

Merry Christmas!




10 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That looks great. My kids used graham crackers and had to make their own frosting. They also dug around the house and found old left over Halloween Candy to use. Not as cute as yours but I guess it was the fun they had doing it that counts. Next year I'll have to invest in one of those Costco kits!

Michelle said...

It turned out great! We get the same kit from Costco and love it! My boys each insist on their own but they have a great time doing it. I'm glad I am not the only one that does it the Costco way!

Jill Ison said...

one for you, one for me... thats my motto! Cute I wish we did something like that this year.

Renae said...

I always make a homemade one every year and didn't do anything this year! You are a wonderful mom. And documenting it also! Now you can prove to them that you were the best mom ever. ;) Merry Christmas

Allyson said...

Absolutely Adorable.....the kids are soooooo very cute TOO!!!

Varney Family said...

So fun! Ours is still in the box :) We never got to it...maybe next year...ya gotta love Costco! Merry Christmas.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

yummy! Looks like fun!

Jacque said...

Hey, cute blog! It's so fun to be able to catch up and see your family. Send me an email at mahalahondre@hotmail.com and I will sent you an invite to our blog, where you will also be able to access all of our kids, they all have blogs too. We find this so fun, especially with Ali so far away, we can keep up! Thanks for the darling Christmas card, and letting me know about your blog. Love, from your favorite Aunt Jacque!

Anonymous said...

We did a gingerbread house too, and it was a lot funner than I thought it would be! Thank goodness we don't have to use graham crackers and canned frosting anymore, cause mine would always fall apart!

Staceygirl said...

We didn't do gingerbread houses until after Christmas, so I just called them snow houses. And since it was an impromptu thing, all we had to decorate were marshmallows, candy from our stockings, and some candy canes. Let me say that yours looks professional compared to our crappy little houses.