Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Connor dear

It's a big day today. My little "baby" Connor is turning 5. I can't even believe how quickly the time has gone. So here are just a VERY few of the things that I love best about my little buddy.
I love that he amazes me EVERY DAY with his super man size talents. This child can do ANYTHING on the first try. He is crazy smart, and crazy coordinated, and has been that way since birth. He could ride a scooter before he turned 2. He tried to drive a car when he was 3, and when he was 4 he learned to ride a 2 wheeler on the first try, and can do 2 hoola hoops at the same time (Nana gave him his present early). Not a problem. I can only imagine what this 5 year old will be able to do.
I love that a package of sponges makes him SO very happy. Seriously, this is what he wanted for his birthday. We were at Walgreens and he saw them, and said, "This would be perfect for when I take a bath" So Grammy B made all of his dreams come true and gave him his very own package of sponges for his birthday.

I adore his big giant smile and the way he gets so excited over absolutely everything. He literally squeels with delight and it just makes my heart happy.

His favorite place to eat is Peter Piper Pizza, so here we are having his birthday dinner a little early. Look at all of those tickets, you know he is going to get a real treasure with those.

And nothing is better than good friends.

Looking back, I can even love all of the crazy things that he does. He has been a hard child to keep safe with all of his antics, but I have managed to do it for 5 years. This is one of his latest. He cut his pants with scissors, while he was wearing them. Whoa there cowboy, you could have REALLY done some serious damage there, your mother should keep a better eye on you.

I love and adore you Connor, and I am so very glad that I get to be your mother, it is the best job in the world, and the pay is fantastic.


10 comments:

Jacque said...

It's like you could have been writing about Spence! No kidding! Hard to keep up with, but never ceases to amaze huh? I remember the 2 lbs. of baby powder that was all shaken out into the tub....the huge tube of desitin rubbed into red sculptured
carpet....supermanning it from his chest of drawers, across the bed, and landing on his wooden headboard,(4 stitches)and,he was zooming down the street on shoe skates on his 2nd b-day! If they live to tell about it, it's an exciting life!

Jill Ison said...

happy birthday con con! That was so cute to read all that. He really is an amazing little guy. Im sure his life will be full of fun adventures to write about. That boy is on a roll! Glad you got that hula hoop stunt on video too so we could all be entertained with his skills :) what a cool dude. love you guys.

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Happy Birthday Conner! my girls were telling me all about his Bday. How cool mrs.Amber got the bouncy house and it happen to be on his Birthday.

Varney Family said...

WOW he is amazing! Happy Birthday big man! Congrats on helping him make it 5 years old :)

Lolo said...

He's such a cute kid! AND WHOA ON THE PANTS! Can we say scary?! LOL! Aw, your baby is five!!

Karen said...

Is that the cutest guy? I love his dark chocolate eyes and his deep dimples. He is delicious!

I love him thinking he is famous now that he is on the internet. lol What a cute kid!

Michelle said...

What a cute kid! I can't believe your baby is 5!!!!! Next year will be so weird for you with him in kindergarten!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

he cut his pants while they were on?! Did he do that b/c he saw Uncle Been burning a thread on his shirt while he was wearing his shirt? I guess Connor doesn't want you to have grand children. ;) What a funny kid. I can't believe he's 5. We haven't aged but man he has. The dinner was so yummy, thanks again.

Staceygirl said...

I avoid hula hoops all together b/c I would just make a sorry fool of myself. I guess I don't have rhythm. Connor rocks, though!

Karen said...

Precious.