Whew, we actually made it through another spectacular Halloween Extravaganza. Is it just me or has this holiday (like every other, I suppose) gotten WAY out of hand. Seriously, between school parties, trunk-or-treat, and trick-or-treating, we are on candy, party, costume overload. But, the kids had a great time, and in another month or two we might have all of the candy wrappers thrown away. And, if we are lucky, only 5-6 new cavities at the dentist in December. Thankfully all of the costumes were pretty easy this year, and my cute little poodle neice Kylee was here to celebrate with us too, so that was very fun.
While shopping with Connor he found this Iron Man costume, and there was nothing else in his life that he wanted to be. I didn't want him to get a costume with a mask that would cover up that cute face, but I did love the muscles.
Ashley had no problem deciding what to be. She is addicted to Hannah Montana. She didn't love the wig, it was itchy of course, but luckily she has blond hair so she didn't HAVE to wear it. She loved the glitter makeup and the painted nails the best. She is a glamour girl. She even gave me a short little performance, but was a little too embarassed to do it for our friends/neighbors.

Dylan, my friend, chose the Hobo costume. I have waited years for this moment when someone would pick an easy, laying around the house kind of costume. We did have fun tearing and dirtying up his clothes. We even blacked out one of his front teeth, but that only lasted for the picture. For some reason he didn't like that wax in his mouth? Go figure.

Tyler didn't want any help, so he wasn't going to dress up for Halloween until about 5 minutes before our neighborhood party, so we came up with little old man? PJ pants pulled up too high, dress socks & slippers? Too bad I didn't have any baby powder to make his hair gray. He was a little grouchy & stubborn, so that works.
I think by the time Halloween rolled around the kids were kind of over it too. I was surprised, but they didn't want to trick-or-treat much at all. Tyler didn't even come and then we only went to about 15 houses. Heaven knows we already had pounds and pounds of candy. And like Jason said, we all buy the Costco candy anyway, so we are all passing out the same thing. We should have stayed home and eaten it ourselves. No, not really. It was great to meet many more of our neighbors and see the fun decorations that people had put up.
Dylan, my friend, chose the Hobo costume. I have waited years for this moment when someone would pick an easy, laying around the house kind of costume. We did have fun tearing and dirtying up his clothes. We even blacked out one of his front teeth, but that only lasted for the picture. For some reason he didn't like that wax in his mouth? Go figure.
Tyler didn't want any help, so he wasn't going to dress up for Halloween until about 5 minutes before our neighborhood party, so we came up with little old man? PJ pants pulled up too high, dress socks & slippers? Too bad I didn't have any baby powder to make his hair gray. He was a little grouchy & stubborn, so that works.




9 comments:
i was wondering if you were going to do a halloween post. So cute. I didn't know ashley was addicted to hanna montana. i can imagine that wig was so itchy. and was it me or was it just hot that night sheesh! love the muscles concon! someone told me that kids grow out of halloween so maybe tylers on the verge of that! cute kiddos.
Your kids looked so cute! Love the iron man!
Yes, we do end up trading candy from Costco but this way we make the kids work for it! :)
Too cute! Love all the costumes! Tylers costume?....a little goofy but we still like him. LOL!! Gotta love the self created, whip it up an a flash costumes. We actually bought crappy candy (tootsie rolls with dots and smarties) and Savannah actually received crappy candy in return, I guess what comes around goes around for us. :/affi
Um that affi at the end was part of my word verification typed in the wrong area. doh! Just so ya dont wonder what it meant like all those acronyms you see online. LOL <- :)
Your kids are too cute. I'm with you this year - there was way too much going on. I feel like I need a week to recoup from all of last weeks festivities. I can't wait for the year when I can sit at home & just pass out candy and leave the trick-or-treating to the kids!
You're singin to the choir! I'm going to start hangin' with your neighbors and not celebrate Halloween ;)I think they get out of Christmas too, right? Hmmmm....very tempting. Now if I could just find a group that didn't believe in the tooth fairy, I'd be rich! :)
Well, Iron man is the coolest. You can't really argue. Very fun pictures!
Ok, between my pics, Nana's pics, and your pics Concon is basically smiling in every pic. How can you not love that face? He loves smiling for the camera. I took a pic of Kylee in the van and didn't even notice he was on Ben and smiling at every snap I made. Will he be a model? I think so! Oh and I called your pediatrition....they are not taking any new patients...none of the docs. Argh!
Can Halloween ever get out of hand? Haha, not at my house... I started before it was even October. I made construction paper jack-o-lanterns with Paige, watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," and made Halloween cookies near the end of September. Russ and I are activities committee, too, so we did the whole Halloween carnival after I finished sewing the costumes. We did get waaaay too much candy, though. Next year, I plan to step it up a bit and hand out something more cool. I just heard on Sunday about some people who hand out hotdogs and hot cocoa. Wow. I like the little old man costume... that's a pic Tyler will live to regret. Kyle wanted to be a "cranky old man," so who knows why kids do the things they do. It was easier than sewing something, I guess. What's weird is the lack of desire for trick-or-treating... my kids got tired early and just wanted to go home. I mean, maybe my memory is distorted, but I remember as an older kid going out early and staying out until people wouldn't answer their doors anymore. Was that just me? Tell your kids little Kallie went to more houses than they did!
Post a Comment