Friday, November 7, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

So I was pretty much the last person to post my kids Halloween pics, but I had a very good reason. I got to go on a fabulous weekend getaway with my hubby to Las Vegas. We left the very morning after Halloween so I didn't have time to get the pictures on, I was packing all of my FLASHY Las Vegas clothes. Jason got us a room at the beautiful Venetian / Palazzo hotel. It is lovely, I mean don't you wish you had a waterfall in your house? I do, but if I did it would probably mean that the bathtub was overflowing. Everything was so fancy here, and the food was DELICIOUS, especially the crepes & the Pistachio Gelato. Mmmm, Mmmm Good.
For our big night out we went to see Phantom of the Opera. All I can say is, WOW! I have seen it a couple of times, but this was Jason's first time, and he actually loved it too. I am quite impressed that he has agreed to go to 3 plays in the last few months, I mean really, we are almost cultured. Anyway, they made this theatre just for Phantom so it was AMAZING, it is actually like you are sitting in the middle of the old fashioned theatre, and the chandelier thing was incredible. The actors were great, the songs were beautiful of course, and the special effects were very impressive. If you are ever around these parts I would highly recommend this one.


OK, and then for the real us on vacation. We mostly like to be lazy, sleep in late, order room service and then watch reality TV or lifetime movies on TV. The unusual thing about this trip was that our room had 2 Queen beds instead of a King. And not only that, but hotel Queens, which are more like a Full. So, what's a couple to do? Sleep in our own beds of course. It seemed really sad at first, but I've got to tell you, it was pretty great to stretch out. The 2nd night we tried to share, but 1/2 way through the night Jason went back to his own bed. Apparently, I'm a bed hog. But come on, we all know that spreading out diagonally on a bed all by yourself is where it's at. Viva Las Vegas!!!

6 comments:

Jill Ison said...

first let me say that you did awesome at the grocery store! How great did that feel right!

You actually made vegas sound fun. every time chad suggests it for a quick getaway I think, what would we do there? sounds yucky. But hmmm that hotel looks awesome and I never have been to that play so.... maybe we'll have to check that out! my problem is getting rid of the kids.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

um, why are you guys saving money at the grocery store and not telling me about it? :)

Anyway, your Vegas trip sounded like fun. The Phantom of the Opera thing sounds cool. I've seen it once a long time ago but I'll have to see it in Vegas. I hear ya about the bed thing. I sleep with my head on bed's side and my legs on my side. When he comes to bed he says "Excuse me, can I sleep here too?"

Jill Ison said...

I liked your use of an elvis song as your post title so I used one too. Cuz we're cool.

you know you can turn word verification off right??

Heather said...

What a FUN getaway with hubby! I am jealous!!
I would love to see Phantom.

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun, and I absolutely LOVE the Phantom of the Opera! Not to mention time without the kids, HEAVEN!

Renae said...

Sounds like you got your well deserved getaway. I'm jealous to say the least. I think the last getaway Justin and I had without kids was 9 years ago. Um, I just made myself sick typing that. It's time to get away. Thanks for the motivation. I'm outta here.