Yes, this is late. But in my defense, I can't find the card reader for my camera. Yes, my computer has a built in card reader that can take 8 different kinds of media cards, but not the kind my lovely camera takes, isn't that a surprise. So I finally gave in and put them on another computer and transferred them to another card that would fit into my laptop so that no one would have to miss out on all of our Easter fun. I know that the public has been waiting with baited breath, whatever that means. Bait doesn't smell very good so I think baited breath would be bad. I have quite a few things to blog about, so my blog might not be so darn boring this week. Rather than doing a really long post I thought I would spread it out a little bit, so here is the first of several blog posts this week.
Anyway....... the moment you've all been waiting for. We like to do a lot of our Easter stuff on Saturday so that Sunday is a little less hectic. (Yeah right, like getting 4 kids to look beautiful and get their pictures taken while they're happy before church is not hectic) So on Saturday we went out to my mom's house for an Easter Egg hunt, coloring eggs, and a yummy ham dinner of course. (my favorite was the Eclaire Cake!!!! Yum!) So here are all of my little darlings coloring up some LOVELY easter eggs. We went all out this year, we had the rubber bands, 12 colors of dye, white crayon, glitter, foils, you name it, we are fancy.
Someone (I don't know who or they would be grounded) made this charming egg. I believe it says "U suck" Nice.....
But then someone else (I don't know who or they would be my favorite) made a secret message for me. Ahhhhhhh.
Here are all of our little beauties together, you're impressed, aren't you!!!!
My T-time didn't want to color eggs last year, I feared he was just getting too old, but luckily this year he decided to join in the fun. It was the rubberbands that did it, he couldn't resist.
This was little Dilly's favorite egg, he did it 2 tone and it said Mom (hearts) Dylan. I always do one of these for each kid ahead of time so when they are dying them they find a surprise.
Ashley the artist, preparing something spectacular. She was obviously a fan of the beads and the glitter.
Sweet little Cononi waiting patiently for his egg to turn blue!!!
So get ready, it's really cool.
But you'll have to figure it out yourself, because I can't reveal my secret.
You know you're going to want to make one next year.
.......
Behold, the rainbow egg. I always have to sort colors in rainbow order, it's a compulsion.




10 comments:
Your eggs are MUCH more professional than ours. We are lucky to get more than one color on an egg!
It looks like you had a lot of fun. Your rainbow egg is beautiful. I love watching the kids get creative.
We didnt do eggs this year...not that Savannah could or anything but it looks like your kids had fun. Im very impressed with the rainbow egg, your technique is amazing..LOL! Oh and LOL at the baited breath, PU, please dont get near me with baited breath people!!!!!
PS Past fatty....HAHAHAHAHAHA I think of that everytime I leave a comment now!
Fun times! Love the rainbow egg, we haven't tired anything like that! I always think big but we do the usual solid color w/ writing. Maybe I will get creative one of these years??
I hope I'm up to the rainbow egg challenge! Cuz its real cute. I like that you make them a special surprise egg. you're a cool moma. We didn't do eggs this year. it was really sad but there was much too much to do and not enough time to do it. Actually I am just really spazzy and disorganized, but next year I vow to make it the first easter thing on my list. Which will be hard cuz I already bought a little snoopy easter thing on clearance for them so technically I guess it will be second... K look at me going off on a rampage! Geez. Can't wait till your next posts! i will be waiting with baited breath....heheheheheheheheh
Looks like girls will be girls in your house, like Mother like daughter of something. Both of you very "crafty"! (that could have a double meaning, but I know you Know what I mean!) I can't figure out how you do that egg, I was NEVER good at egg dying!
Just wanted to get "favorite Aunt" status....here is the answer to your question about "BATED" Breath!
it originated from shakespeares "the merchant of venice".....mark twain used it... think its in "the devil came down to austin"...
while it is spelled 'bated' it is more often mispelled "baited"and it
means that you are anticipating something or 'holding your breathe' until you get what your waiting for.
Now, how am I doing on the "favorite Aunt thing?????"LOL!
Oh, we had so much fun. I love your secret message eggs. You're such a good Mom! I love all of you!
Hugs,
Mom/Nana
I always make a rainbow egg, too, except mine only has 5 colors... so you've just raised the bar. Thanks a lot... :)
Cool eggs! I didn't know you wrote surprise messages. I thought they came like that when I saw them. Baited breath, lol. What, no pics of the kids hunting the eggs? Is that the next post? It better be!
Post a Comment