Thursday, April 9, 2009

All that glitters is not gold!

Ashley glitters all of the time, and she's not gold. Although she would probably ensconce herself in it if she could, but you'd have to add some diamonds, because she likes her bling too. She is always making cards and putting all of my fancy stuff on them. I even found some stick on jewels on the light switch in the bathroom, I can only guess who added that little piece of flair.
This is my little beauty coming down to go to dance class.
"Hey Hollywood!" Ashley is also very into fashion. She makes up her own ensembles EVERY day, complete with matching hair items. She would also dress me every day if I would let her. When she catches me heading toward the shower she always asks "Can I pick out what you're going to wear?" I let her a few times and finally had to say, "Honey, it's hard for mom to vacuum and do dishes in a skirt and my highest heels." She really only likes the fancy stuff. If she had her way it would be like the episode of friends where Monica is doing the dishes in a wedding dress.

She loves to have her nails painted too, but she is too fancy for all one color. This time is was a pattern of green and then white with blue glitter.

With help, she chose these beautiful blue glasses that make her beautiful blue eyes look extra beautiful and blue, unfortunately from the moment we got home she has been wishing that she got a different pair that we saw that had some diamonds on the side. Too bad you only get frames every 2 years, only 1 more year to go! Plus she looks super cute with no front teeth, it even sounds cute when she lisps, I mean talks!

The ONLY thing I can think of that she is not particularly fancy about is her hair (see above). She HATES to have it brushed. I adore ponytails and braids, but most of the time I can't talk her into it. She always wants it "down and straight with bangs swept to the side or in a barrette." However, OCCASIONALLY she lets me do something really cute with her hair, so I have to document it with a photo. Looking at my not so straight parts here I need not wonder why she doesn't let me near her hair very often.

So here is to my beautiful, fancy, glittery girl. I was only blessed with one girl but boy is she a girly girl. (that sounded like an oxymoron) Anyway, thank you Ashley for making all of my girly pink fluffy dreams come true.

9 comments:

Jill Ison said...

Ashley does glitter! thats funny that she tries to dress you. my kids only do that when were on our way to chuck-e-cheese and i say i cant find anything to wear... and then they go find the most hideous thing they can and and beg me to wear it... sometimes im like "hey, thats extra ugly! did that come out of my closet? how embarrassing!

ashley is one gorgeous chickadee

Heather said...

She sure is cute. Enjoy her now cause in a few years she's gonna be a teenager. I don't know what's worse, a house full of boys or a hormonal teenage girl! Yikes.

Merrill Family said...

I was trying to remember back and you were not a super girly-girl. I remember us both being more middle of the road. I got a tomboy. She might come around one of these days though she has finally tried to match her soccer shorts and her t-shirt from the boys section matches. I have to dress her if I want her to look like a lady. Ashley is a doll. I think she got it from her mom, sorry Jason.

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

OHHHH I love it! How fun! What a cutie!

Michelle said...

What a cute little girl you have! I love that she wants to dress you - very different from boys.

Glad to see you back blogging - I have missed hearing about your family.

Jacque said...

How fun! I love girly girl stuff. Has she ever gone to have a pedicure? I bet she would love that! We have one of these over here too...Kaylie girl, Steffani's daughter, is a little princess too!With Jenny's news that hers is a boy, we will have 12 grandsons and only 2 grandaughters, so they are required to be girly girls!LOL!In a couple of weeks we find out what Steff is having?????

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

such a girly girl, too cute. Too bad you can't be super fancy all day for Ashley huh? You'd be like a 50's wife or something. Tyler is still asleep. Why can't Kylee still 'till noon?

Connie said...

One cute, glittery, fancy, fun little girl--how blessed you are to have her. She will be your special princess all the days of her/your life.

Karen said...

I love you blogging about Princess Ashley. She does love her bling. She got it from both Grandma's on your side of the family! They love the shine and shimmer, glitter and jewelry - well anything sparkly, just like Ashley does. I love it. It is so fun to have a girly girl around.