Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's a story, of a lovely lady

This recital was over a month ago, but I kept putting it off because I really wanted to put a clip of this girl shaking her hips. But I took it with my real video camera and can't seem to figure out how to get it onto my computer. So for now, pictures will have to do.

This is my beautiful little girl, who worked so hard this year taking a dance class and a tumbling class, and it showed. She improved so much this year, it was such a pleasure to watch.

You've got to love the stage makeup. I have got to find glitter hairspray for next year too, I am not a proper stage mom......yet.
This is her gymnastics outfit. Poor little skinny things, she could hardly keep her shorts on when they had to jump, but she managed.

Striking a sassy pose.

Ooohhhh, even sassier. This is her costume for her jazz number, which was just SO adorable. She popped her hips like nobodies business. I laugh (in a good way) every time I see the video. What a showman, and what a dolly pie.

This is her favorite pose, she always does it, I'm not sure why. I think it is her "who me? I just wear this when I don't care how I look" pose?

Another jazz pose.

It was a very long day between dress rehearsal and then 2 separate recitals, but Nana & Papa were troopers and stayed out there the entire day with us. But we did get great seats, so that was worth the wait.

And here is the little star after her performance with flowers from her Mom & Dad. Good job Addy! You are a delight in so many countless ways!!!

6 comments:

Jill Ison said...

love her poses. she is one sassy dollypie. glitter hairspray? i didnt even know that existed!! holy cow. im so behind the times. Ashley is so darn cute. hopefully I'll get to see her shake her hips sometimes :)

Kelly said...

She is so sassy! I love your picture at the top of your blog too, super cute.
GO ASHLEY!

Jacque said...

She's a dolly allright! And a Hamm too!!! She looks like a born performer! My parents still to this day, every now and then, call me Dolly!LOL!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

what a beautiful girl. her dance was so cute. will you save us seats next year too?

Staceygirl said...

I like those poses better than the "wass up G?" one she was doing the other day. She's looking so beautiful. I hope you can figure out that video thing.

Kathy said...

You're a snazzy girl Miss Ashley. I would have loved to see you doing your dance. Hopefully the video will get posted on the blog soon!!