Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You've still got it baby, you're so strong.

My big giant boy scout man cub Tyler had another fun filled Boy Scout overnighter. They went to a lake to wake up early and go fishing. My boy was the only one who caught a fish (except for the Bishop, but that doesn't count, being a man and Bishop and all), and it's a pretty good sized one if I do say so myself. So when I went to pick him up he had his little cooler with the catch of the day in it. GO TYLER!!!!! He even picked it up for a picture. I can't believe he's finally grown into (and almost out of) his Scout shirt. Where does the time go? Here is a closer look. I love how he holds the fish by his fish lips, it's AWESOME!!!
I believe this picture is looking down the fishes throat to see what he had for dinner? Or maybe he is checking the dental records so that he can notify the family.

Luckily Dad was around to clean out the fish and soak it in brine so that it would be ready for dinner that night. All of the kids were so excited that Tyler caught our dinner for us. Woohoo! I dipped it in egg and then seasoned flour and fried it up. I'm not really sure if I've done that before. Here is Tyler enjoying his first bite.

All of the kids really enjoyed it. So much that they picked the bones clean!!! Thanks for dinner Tyler, and thanks for being a great, fun, wonderful, hilarious, good looking kid!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Right on fish! We are experiencing the Summer of the fish up here. My husband and his friend are obsessed with fishing so we are eating healthy healthy fish. Yay fish!

Merrill Family said...

Good job Tyler. That was a good sized fish. I love it when my husband brings some fish home and we fry them up. YUM!

Jill Ison said...

our kids are growing up way too fast. at culinary school they taught us to pick up a fish by it eye sockets... yeah thats not gonna happen with me thats for sure! supposed to pop the eyes out... k not! so gross. but lips... still no. good thing for boys i suppose!

Jacque said...

So fun to see them getting to experience life....glad he caught the biggest fish/only fish (cuz the bishop doesn't count!) I've never been fond of trout, but Dawson learned from someone about soaking it in milk to get rid of some of the fishy taste!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

nice catch! it's so fun to catch something. yum, yum!

Staceygirl said...

Memories of fishing at my mom and dad's house are flashing through my mind right now. Like, we were such great fishers, and stuff, using dog food bait and freaking out about trying to rip the hook out of the fish's mouth so we could throw it back. We should just maybe, like, not fish at all next time... or somethin. Tyler can do it for us from now on.