Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Here is the moment you've all been waiting for.

The unveiling of Princess Ashley's bedroom.
Here she is in here pretty little nightgown/robe set that her sweet Nana made her for her birthday. It is so pretty, and this little blond girl with the beautiful blue eyes looks great in blue. The sign over her bed says "Princess Ashley sleep here" Sweet Nana made that for her too. And don't miss the chandelier hanging inside the canopy. It is on a dimmer so that she can use it for a nightlight. See, sometimes it pays to be the only girl.
This is the sweet little lady sitting on her bed. It is a pink and green theme now. She missed the "big flowers" on her wall from our old house, so we were trying to bring that look back. When I did her room at this house I tried to go more subtle and sophisticated with a frenchy theme. But Ashley is not into subtle, she's into bold and bling, so we tried to incorporate a little more pizazz this time around. We took the light pink up the rest of the way to the ceiling and then added a bring pink stripe with wavy green lines on the top & bottom. Free hand even, I am that good.

Here is her little dresser that had been written on and kiddified. So we spray painted it white again and then added the dark brown to the tops & the knobs. I really like how it turned out.

The little tea party table also had some childrens artwork so we spray painted the top brown also, just to tie the color in, and hope that it will provide a little more coverage for the future art (that there better not be!!!!) Also some bright pink curtains that have sequins on them, we needed a little more bling.

Here the princess enjoying a cup of air tea at her new table.


11 comments:

Kelly said...

Super cute! I want that to be my room. For some reason all of your posts come up on my computer as 2 days ago. I am always like what? Where was this? I think the computer is conspiring against us.

Jill Ison said...

umm ive totally be on the look out for a chandelier for lu's room. i mean that i can afford ... what a cute room. and what a cute little darling :) pink is excatly what i would have pictured for ashley!!

Heather said...

What a lucky little princess! Love the quilt on the bed! That is cool about the chandelier too! It is fun as they grow up and want changes! Just like us big girls!

Connie said...

Princess Ashley is beyond lucky! The room is so cute and she is too. Good Job, Wendy!

~Sandy said...

Great job Wendy!!!! The room is beautiful:)

Staceygirl said...

Oh how Paige would LOVE to be at that little table with Ashley. I agree that you did a great freehand job. I'd be nervous about doing that. Even though Ashley won't go for the Frenchy theme, at least you always have your bathroom!! I think a TNT or tornado theme would go well in Dylan & Concon's room... haha. Boys. I thought that was funny how Ashley was so concerned about getting her room cleaned up. How does she survive a house full of boys?

Anonymous said...

You've been working hard! Good job, you're a great mommy.

Jacque said...

Darling room! She is indeed a princess....By the way, I do vinyl cutting, the stuff that you put on the walls, words, flowers, whatever, if you want to write out..."princess Ashley" let me know!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

wow! so beautiful. great job! ashley is so lucky to have a talented mom!

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

How adorable...and I am way jealous! I am the only princess in this family and somehow I'm thinking that Jeremy wouldn't let me decorate our room so cute! Enjoy your room Princess Ashley!

Michelle said...

So much fun to have a girl! She is so cute!