These are my twins, born 3 years apart, on the same day. July 5th!!!! I couldn't believe that I had 2 babies with the same birthday, but it has been pretty fun. And before anyone feels too bad for them having to share, I am quite certain that they get more than they would otherwise because everyone feels so bad for them. It's more of a birthday week than a birthday, and the July 4th fireworks, I'm pretty sure they think they are for them. Why everyone else doesn't get fireworks we do not know.
So my giant boy Tyler (who makes me feel old because he is officialy a "teenager" now) LOVES Krispy Kreme. That is what we use a bribery, and it's what he has had for his birthday cake for 2 years now. So here is Tyler's VERY fancy cake.

Sweet Dylan turned double digits this year. He likes the Angel food cake (made from scratch mind you) with whipped cream and strawberries. A man after my own heart.

This was one of the things Tyler really wanted. A Pi shirt with many many digits of Pi. He also got his very own backpack for all of his scouting events, and his other favorite was a butterfly space pen. More like a butterly knife than pretty little flutterby's.

These are Dylan's big eyes when he gets a new video game. Mario Party 8 or something. He also got a little indoor garden which he loves and a WHOLE bunch of money. I am going to him for a loan.

Nana played a trick on the boys (partly my idea, I like to torture my kids) She gave them their favorite box of cereal, that looked like it was still sealed, so they thought it was actually cereal, which is was, but........

Inside was their favorite candy, which was also sealed, but inside was.........

Another favorite little treat, which was sealed, but inside was.........

Their favorite kind of money. They were tricked for sure, and enjoyed the game.

Happy Birthday my two big boys. Because their birthday was on Sunday, we had to do our traditional birthday meals the next day. Big breakfast at Village Inn was Tyler's choice. And then Sekai Sushi for dinner was Dylan's choice. Not to mention the 4th of July shindig at Aunt Kathy's, complete with brownies. I think that they had a wonderful birthday weekend.
And lastly, on Monday I got a massage from my wonderful sister-in-law. I didn't think of it, but later thought that is a great tradition. Every mom should get a massage on her children's birthdays. Good stuff!!!
8 comments:
Yikes! You have a teenager. Welcome to the club. Kind of sucks huh. I think having birthdays on or close to holidays is kind of fun. Nate's is on Halloween and the whole neighborhood gives him candy on his birthday. How much luckier can you get. Happy birthday boys!
what a fun idea with the cereal and candy and stuff. you forgot to mention the birthday brownies that were oh so good! but that angel food cake looked super yum!
I would've thought sharing birthdays sucked but now I wish I shared a birthday! That cake does look good! Hooray for messages, you totally deserve it, Annalee is such a sweetie.
What a fun Mom you are! Looks like a great party week-end :)
Your pictures of the boys are great! I tell ya, the cereal/candy/tic tacs finally got a smile out of that teenage hoodie guy, and that was a challenge. They are lucky boys!
I can't believe how old your kids are! I had Matthew (my 6 year old) on my 30 birthday and now with twins, we get the sharing birthday thing.
they chose great cakes, super yum! I could go for a donut right now. mmmmmmmmm! sounds like they did have a great birthday, I want to share mine now too!
How fun! John and I share the same birthday, and you would be surprised how often he FORGETS! Looks like a great b-day for both boys.
Post a Comment