Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Snowflakes in July?

We are on a grand adventure for the summer trying to escape the horrid summer heat. We decided to take off and visit my old classmate/BFF/roomate, Lori. We charged every electronic device we could get our hands on and loaded up into the car. We arrived in Snowflake and the kids have been having grand adventures ever since.
The absolute favorite activity is fishing for crawdads at a pond nearby her house. They literally spent 5 hours out there today. Dylan is absolutely OBSESSED with it, when I mentioned it he simply replied "But I'm not addicted to video games any more so you should be happy about that!" Here is his teeny tiny crawdad. Connor even got brave enough to hold one. From the look on his face I would say it tickles.

My crazy haired, not so brave girl even held one up for the camera.

Tyler, on the other hand won't venture outside. Once I had to push him out the door & lock it. He has been spending his time playing games and solving this rubiks cube, which to me is still like magic.

We went out to the town arcade, call the Dawg House, for some fun. Ashley is quite a scary driver, and she couldn't even reach the gas pedals so her mom had to help.

Dylan got to live out all of his gangsta shooting dreams.

Tyler is quite a pool shark.

I don't think I would mess with Connor. He looks like he can really handle a gun. When in the white mountains you must hunt for some big game.

Then off to the neighborhood soda/ice cream shop. It was so cute with the big wooden bar to sit at, and antiques all over. Once the kids saw the bubble gum ice cream, the little kids didn't have to hear about anything else. Then they asked if we wanted a pointy (sugar) or a flat (cake) cone. So Connor then ordered a pointy bubble gum. Mmmmmmmm.


Tyler apparently just likes plain old Vanilla. But this picture cracks me up, it looks like he is slurping up Connor's ice cream.

Then we went to the neighborhood park because it is GORGEOUS outside, with a lovely little breeze. Lot's of kids having a great time on the swings.

Tyler rode a REAL LIVE DINOSAUR!!!!

They climbed trees.

I love Connor's face in this picture. If you can't tell he is sticking his tongue out, that is what he does when he is playing dead. And Ashley posing as usual. I could only get them to pose for this group shot by promising that after this we would go back home and fish for crawdads again.

Awww, cute kiddos. We are having a GREAT time, GREAT food, and GREAT weather. Don't hate us because we are beautiful.


6 comments:

Julee said...

I don't hate you because you are beautiful. I hate you because you are bragging about your "beautiful weather". I am so glad you are having fun. I am a little jealous though that you said your friend there is you BFF. What the?

Lori said...

So glad you guys had fun, we did too! So great to catch up and know that after 13 years apart we are still twinners. We have the same hair, the same smiles, the same sparkling personality, haha! Loved looking through the yearbooks and laughing. See you soon.

Karen said...

I love it! I'm so glad you all had such a great time and were able to cool off, if only for a bit. Outside! What a concept for the children! yeeeeee haaaaawwwwww

Jill Ison said...

i cant even tell you how jealous i am right now! im SO done with summer. glad you all had fun. maybe someday tyler can share some magic tips for the rubiks cube. i for sure could use some tips.

Jacque said...

Soooo fun to be anywhere but here in the summer! The only thing to do here is swim! Glad you had such a fun get-a-way!

Lolo said...

HEY! My blog didnt tell me you had new posts! Whats up with that? That looks like a ton of fun. I want to escape the heat so bad. I love the picture of concon and the ginormous gun. LOL! Oh and I would NEVER brave a crawdad! Too many squirmy legs! BLEK!