I love them ALL! I mean I really love Fall, it is my favorite season. I love that we all start to get that holiday feeling. I love my fall decorations the best, even though there aren't that many, they are so pretty, and they feel so warm & cozy, almost like having a fire. I love all of the candy that is hanging around, and I'm sure my dentist does too. I love the chill in the air that FINALLY came. I love the cinnamonny smells, especially my Autumn Sunset scentsy warmer, MMMM, MMMM Good, I could leave it on all of the time. And I love that I am already working on the Christmas calendars that I do, and my Christmas cards. How cool will that be to have them done before Halloween. I'll tell you..... it will be REALLY COOL!

I absolutely adore Petunias. They are my favorite flower to plant in my garden. I love it when it gets cool enough that I can plant them all over. Red & White like candy canes. They always remind me of my mom. I think we planted them together once like 10 years ago, but apparently it made a lasting impression. But come on, aren't they so cute?

I love crazy pictures that the kids (especially Connor) always take of themselves. Yes, it can be ever so slightly annoying when you go to use your camera and the card is full of these beauties below. But... they do always give me a giggle too. At least I can be sure Connor doesn't have strep throat, it looks like a clean bill of health to me.


And, I love to play Bunco. I haven't played it for years. And of course when I try to have people over to my house EVERYTHING must go wrong, and it did. But at the end of the day, it is always a good time. The way I play it anyway, because EVERYONE gets a prize. The biggest loser actually gets a really good prize. Otherwise Bunco would not be so fun, because I am the most unlucky person in a room (unless my mom is there, then a tie) and would never get a prize, which is very sad when it is super cool Holiday stamping stuff. So I still came away with some beautiul ribbon and some AWESOME glitter, and who doesn't like glitter? No one I know.

So there are a few things that I love. And if you don't believe that it is a very bad day if I try to invite people over lets start with a week before the party. I am turning into my old neighborhood when my friend Breanna Graham waves at me. I wave back and totally slam into the median. I'm not talking a little curb check, I am talking chunk out of the tire, mucked up the wheel kind of slam. Hopefully Breanna didn't see what a dorky driver I am in her rear view mirror and hopefully the rest of you will understand when I can't wave at you anymore while driving. Then a couple of days before the party Connor starts to get sick, not too bad though, just not feeling well, thank goodness. The day before, after eating breakfast we notice little worms around my trash can that luckily Jason & his friend Brian are there to clean up while I take the kids to school. Ewww, super nasty. The night before, I am cleaning the kitchen and stupidly decide to clean out the fridge from month old food, which clogs up the sink. Again, not just a little clog, try a plunger, buy a snake at Home Depot the next morning, take the pipes apart, let Jason try. Nothing..... Finally call a plumber who comes 2 hours before the party and clears out the problem, but there goes the kids college education. YIKES! Not to mention the joys of making sure that you have 12 people for Bunco as people continue to change their plans. But in the end, it was a lot of fun. I'll have to do it again some time. Although like Julee said, it may take 2-1/2 years or so before I forget the pain, kind of like forgetting how bad labor is. LOL!
10 comments:
Too funny! I love the curb check story. oh and I do also love to discover all the great pictures the kids take of themselves and in my kids case, the tv and stuffed animals! I noticed your house was beautifully decorated while I was there. Your so good at things like that! we are leaving for lake powell wednesday so if were gonna hang we'd better get a move on!
I'm totally cracking up right now. Clearly I can only focus on one thing at at time because I was totally oblivous to your curb check. I'd like to promise no future hazardous waving, but it's a compulsion I have and do it without thinking. I will however understand if you do not wave back for the saftey of you, your family and your car. Oh by the way I love Bunco too. It's always a good time.
I am so bummed I missed the party! I haven't played bunco for some time, I love it. At least the party turned out well eh?? Glad you survived your week. :)
The curb check story gave me a good giggle also. LOL!
I knew most of the trouble, but the curb check story was new to me and made me laugh out loud. You are so much like your mother! lol It sounds like something I would do for sure. And I love how you said you are the unluckiest person in the world, well, next to your Mom. LOL Ain't it the truth? I'm sorry I passed that on to you.
You're so funny. I love your decorations, those are cute. Candy cane flowers? mmmm! That Connor is hilarious. What fun surprises you get everytime you download pics. Bunco sure sounded like fun, what a cool thing to do for everybody to have a prize. That is hilarious about your curb check. Ben doesn't check blogs but I keep him updated on yours and he laughed about that. Then this morning I went on a walk with Kylee and waved to my neighbor and I steered Kylee's stroller into the grass and got stuck. So, I'm no longer allowed to wave while walking and I probably shouldn't try driving. Hey, your kids can just go to clown college, right?
One time I was checking my face in the mirror while driving to inData, and just as I was about to turn in the driveway to the parking lot, the FedEx truck surprised me, and I, too, hit the curb. Yes, I had a flat tire after that.
And I know what you mean about the plumber. After a 45 minute visit and almost $400, I thought I was in the wrong business!
I totally hit curbs all the time, it's a wonder my car is okay. You are a creative miss, so far my decorations are a small pumpkin candle my mom gave me. I'm so festive!
Those pictures of Connor made me laugh. It sounds like something he would do, as well as something my brothers *cough cough* Trey would do.
I decided just this year that fall is my favorite season of all too! I LOVE the chilly air, the smells, I was in the BEST mood the on monday the 13th. I walked into work and said "It's cold outside and I am So happy, look I am wearing a sweater, plus I turned my A/C off, hooray for low electric bills!!" Everyone at work just laughed. this makes me wonder though...was I grouchy all summer? Maybe.
Post a Comment