Friday, October 3, 2008

Have you ever seen a pig race?

I had a wonderful Friday with my beautiful daughter Ashley. I love going places with her. She is such a sweet & happy little girl and I am so lucky to be her mom.
Ashley & I went on a field trip with her class to Schnepf farms. What a warm, warm, dirty day that was. As you can see, I had four little monsters to keep track of. You know that you got assigned the naughty kid in class when as soon as you get off of the bus the teacher sighs & says "I'm tired for you already" Ummm..... Thanks?!?
We rode carousel horses.
And then we rode some bumble bees.
And the kids all time favorite, the roller coaster. It was the first time on a roller coast for all 4 kids. Three of them loved it, one of them, not so much. Luckily Ashley was one who loved it. All of the kids were so brave!
Finally the highlight of the day, pot belly pig races. They were actually pretty fast. They had names like Hamjelina Jolie, Brad Pig & of course Kevin Bacon....
It was a great day, (although I could have stood cooler temperatures) it was wonderful to spend the day with my best girlfriend. But man was I happy to hit the showers when I got home.

8 comments:

Jill Ison said...

I want to take my kids there. On a cooler day of course. Actually I think Natalie is going on a field trip there on wednesday. Ashley is so sweet. See you tomorrow! right?

Karen said...

Awwww, how nice! I'm glad you two got to have a great time together. She is a sweetie pie.

Kelly said...

Funny you should mention the quickness of a pot bellied pig a few weeks ago a parent at the school brought two baby pot bellies to the playground. One escaped and she and I had to chase the little bugger all around the playground. It was so fast, I guess you would want to be with 11 screaming preschoolers chasing after you. I finally caught it and it squealed and squealed! It was crazy.
It sounds like a fun day. I have never been out there. We never had field trips with rides.

Heather said...

It is so fun for the kids there, it gets my allergies flared up!
There is nothing like mom/daughter time! We have to enjoy the "ONE" we got! :) She is getting so big and cute!!

Renae said...

That was my favorite field trip to chaperone, but it was so hot that day! We had kids crying from "heat exhaustion". (whimps) When I was a kid I used to go on field trips in 120 degree weather with no water! (at least that's how I remember it)

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

how fun! I'm glad you got to go, Ashley is so sweet. What great memories. It's really cooled down here, too bad it hasn't cooled off there yet. The hurricane really brought some nice, cool dry weather. Maybe it's a blessing for all the people without power? I think so! Oh and you're a hot mama! ;)

Heather said...

I've been on a couple of these field trips. Always a fun time! FYI if you change your template to Minima you can get rid of the green and blue and your background will be all purple - just like mine. Great choice.

Varney Family said...

So much fun!!! I'm glad you got to go with the kids. I wish I could have been there - James wasn't too into giving me the details :) I added you to my blog too... hope that's ok!