Apparently, the 3 youngest Joneses would do either. Dylan even cried when he found out we weren't going to the church farm. You see, we got this crazy idea at the last minute to take the kids to Disneyland for Fall Break. Only, we are smart enough to know that if we mention it they will beat us down with their whining and their anxiousness to go. So, being the tormenting parents that we are we told them that we would be getting up really early Tuesday morning to go pick corn at the church farm. Surprisingly, there wasn't too much whining. I think that Tyler was on to us, but we really went for the academy award here. I was giving them the whole nine yards about how there are people less fortunate than us and if we don't help, who will. Anyway, I snuck all of their clothes into a suitcase and snuck the suitcase into the back of the van. I had laid out jeans and the appropriate "farm clothing" for everyone and Tuesday morning we were off. Then we drove and drove and drove. They were curious why we had to go to a church farm in California as we passed the state line, but we told them something about the climate in California having a later harvest. Finally as we pulled into Anaheim Jason had me call his cell phone to receive the news that the church farm had burned down and we would have to find something else to do. Then they were really upset after that long drive in the car, and apparently Dylan really wanted to ride a cow. Tears were shed, and in true Dylan fashion it was
"The Worst Day EVER!"
We had to find something else fun to do. Oh hey, here's Disneyland, how about that? I knew that once I got a churro and some cotton candy into him it would be
"The BEST day ever!"
And sure enough, I was right.

This was Ashley's 1st time to Disneyland. Actually we came when I was 5 weeks pregnant with her, but she seems to think that doesn't count. This is her new Ariel shirt and of course the long princess hair to go with it.

This was Connor's 1st time too. The first ride that we went on was the Matterhorn. As soon as the ride was over he said
"Disneyland is AWESOME!" This is another of their favorites, Splash Mountain. Of course the person in the front gets absolutely drowned, and kids can't sit in the front, so guess who got chosen? Obviously this is the before picture. I am not sure why Jason is strangling Connor in the back either, but he did survive so I guess it was OK. Connor does crack us up though. The first night in the hotel I was showering to rinse off "Disneyland" and just as I get out Connor is banging on the door saying,
"Mom, Mom, there are drugs at this hotel!"
"What do you mean? What kind of drugs?"
"There are two coffee drugs on the table out here!"
Wow Connor, way to say no to drugs! That was AWESOME!

I think the all time favorite ride by all of us was Space Mountain. It is even more fun since they redid it. I think we rode this ride at least 10 times.

And at California Adventure riding the Grizzly Rapids or whatever. Guess who got drenched in this one? Yep, right again, it was me. I think that I am some sort of water magnet. But it was a warm day so I didn't mind too much. Although it did make it harder for me to eat a frozen banana at EVERY snack bar we passed.

What a good time. One last funny story. On the second day we were rushing to catch our shuttle back to the hotel so that we wouldn't have to wait another 1/2 hour. So Jason is pushing Ashley with Connor on her lap in the stroller and Tyler & Dylan are following and then me in the rear with the backpack, jackets, etc. We are running out of time so we are actually running, and doing pretty well until we hit Main Street where the parade is about to start. As I'm sure you all know there is no way to get through there, so we are trying to cut through the stores knowing that we will never make it. Then one of the cast tells us that the street is still open so Jason is off on a full on sprint, with the train following behind. We are the ONLY ones in the street with crowds of people all around and then I see Jason start putting his arms up like he has just won the NY marathon and the whole crowd starts cheering for him and then comes Tyler and they are cheering, and then comes Dylan and they start to giggle, and then comes me with all of the baggage and everyone is cracking up now. We all enjoyed being the Disneyland parade and we were quite sure that we were celebrities there now. Sadly, when we went back the next morning no one cheered for us or asked for our autographs as we walked down Main Street.
Fame is so fleeting. But.......... we did make the shuttle.
10 comments:
oh im seriously craving some disneyland now! I don't think I would like picking corn too much. Jason is a funny dude. He seems like a really fun dad. How were the crowds? I heard october isn't too bad but I'm not sure theres a non-crowded time to go... Lovin that parade story!
How FUN!! That is so fun to surprise them, you guys did good to hold out so long!
Aahhhh, I can just taste a nice warm churro right now!!
Cute pictures!! Glad you didn't trip and fall or anything while you were parading :)
I've picked corn, watch out for silk worms, eew!!! Oh and I was so itchy afterwards, nightmare. I'd WAY rather go to Disneyland. That is the coolest surprise EVER~! Looks like you guys had a blast! I wanna go now!!!!
that's funny. I can't believe you guys kept it up the entire time. I can't keep surprises like that. You guys are famous to us!
thanks for leaving me that comment! BI ANNUAL!! Ooops.
I can't get it right, so I just changed it to simple terms (for myself). Every other year!! ;) Is there a term for every other year??
Disneyland is so much better than picking corn! Maybe picking corn is more exotic these days. :) It sounds like you guys had a great time.
I love pushing daisies so much. I think it's one of my favorite things ever.
You were right, I had semi-annual at first?? Twice a year, that would be too much! :)
I LOVE the parade story!!! I was laughing just envisioning it. The church farm burning down? You guys sound like us. Glad you had a great time.
That looks so fun, I'm so ready to go! I love the princess hair on Ashley, she really is a beautiful girl.
Post a Comment