Well, luckily for my children their Dad loves to cook and loves a BIG breakfast. So since school has started this year (and Tyler now leaves the house VERY early) Jason has been getting up with him and making him a big, beautiful breakfast! (while I sleep another 30 minutes) It's the whole spread, well I haven't actually seen any muffins yet, but you get the idea. Pancakes, Eggs...
Waffles...
Biscuits & Gravy...
And the real crowd pleaser..... BACON! We try to squeeze in some Turkey Bacon, unfortunately they are on to us.
And here's the kicker, he actually cleans it all up when he is done! Isn't that crazy?So last week Jason was out of town for most of the week and you don't see me stepping up to the plate, back to cereal. On Friday Dylan gets up and says "When are we going to have one of those really good breakfasts again?" Poor kids. But after listening to Women's Conference on Saturday I won't be too hard on myself, and we will just all assume that I am REALLY FANTASTIC in some other area of motherhood.




12 comments:
now I know where to go for an awesome breakfast! thanks for the tip. wendy you are awesome at all kinds of mother stuff! even breakfast. It's really not normal for anyone to make the hugest breakfast feast imaginable for their kids every morning. thats insane! a good insane but insane none the less! so if your failing at breakfast than so am I! and the rest of the world...
*points to self* Epic fail at breakfast!
I don't even eat breakfast much. If I do it's a soy protein smoothie and a bunch of vitamins. Yay! And the hubby? Well, the hubby is on his own. I am not giving up my extra 30 minutes of sleep. I just figure he would rather have a nice well rested wife than a resentful sleep deprived one. Justification is a beautiful thing.
My hubby grew up having a yummy warm breakfast everyday. Our children on the other hand have cold cereal or on a good day maybe a bagel! :) I am NOT a morning person either. I think my hubby likes cold cereal the best, he will have it for every meal. On an occasional Sunday morning I may get Rich to cook us up a great meal. That is a great time for dad to visit with the kids and let you get your much deserved sleep! :)
Wow! He even cleans up the mess. Now I am impressed!
You are a terrific mother in so many other ways. You can't do it all, can you? If you could you would make the rest of us look terrible!
Luckily your Dad doesn't really like a big breakfast, so I'm off the hook. Whew!
I can't lie, I love big yummy breakfasts, and if it's my birthday or mother's day I will make myself one, but I think that is the only time I ever have them. I'd rather have breakfast for dinner than in the morning, I'm crazy. Cereal is a mommy's best friend.
Are those actual pictures of your food??? Theres some good nutrients in cereals, thats a good mom right there, don't you forget it! LOL! The smell of breakfast food makes me ill so I say eat cereal, just dont talk to me with morning breath while Im trying to eat it, Ill lose it. hehe. I do like grandmas biscuits and gravy!
I am so with you here. Maybe we could swap houses every other week and we would each only have to get out the box of cereal 1/2 of the month. Love your blog, glad you left me a comment so I could find you.
that's funny. you are such a great mom! Send Jason this way though, k?
Victoria's started making her own omlets or eggss in the morning after realizing that I wasn't getting up. There's always that little twinge of guilt when I smell
eggs in the morning and I'm not the one cooking them. But it goes away once I fall back asleep.
Here's my theory... we stay up late because we're so glad for the silence once the kids go down at night. Hence, we don't wake up early. If it wasn't so crazy while they were awake, I could get to bed at a decent time and wake up early to make them a 4 course meal for breakfast. So it's kind of their own fault they get cereal in the morning.
Am I right or am I right? ;)
After reading my comment, I now feel horribly guilty for actually blaming them and will be making breakfast tomorrow. ;) Do Eggo's count?
Can you say $1.00 per box cereal? I mean, if your boys are anything like mine, they eat a lot. If I can pay 6-9 cents an ounce for cereal, I'm all over it! Seems like I crush about 2 cereal boxes per morning.
Post a Comment