Friday, September 19, 2008

The best Ward Campout EVER!

So, this is the weekend of our ward campout, and the kids really wanted to go. But, it's one of those weekends where you just have too much to do. The kids had tumbling & dance tonight, and then Dylan has a B-day part tomorrow morning, we have a baptism to go to and the Constitution Fair is tomorrow night too. So we took them to Bahama Bucks and then set the tent up in the loft for the kids. It's pretty great because there are no bugs, there is no dirt & I get to sleep in my own bed.
These are the silly faces. Connor looks more scared than silly, but that was the plan. Tyler is too cool for school & was playing on the computer, that's why he's not in any of the pictures.
This was Dylan's scary face & I must admit, it looks a little creepy. Connor is playing dead. Dylan is the master of quite a few faces.
And this one's my favorite. Three happy kids. Well, Tyler is currently happy too, he's just not in the picture. And now I am clean & comfy & air-conditioned in my own bed.

8 comments:

Jill Ison said...

That was genius of you. I definitely like the no bug aspect! Dylan's faces are hilarious! I think I'm going to try that. the kids always want to set the tent up out back, but inside is way better. Especially with the tons of crickets we have!

Jadyn Maree said...

Oh how fun! That was so smart to just set up a tent inside. It looks like they had loads of fun too! I love Dylan and COnnor's faces, and it crack me up to see Ashley's "whatever" faces at them. You're kids crack me up.

Karen said...

Very clever Mama! I'm sure the kids had a great time and you did too. Oh yes, the comfort of your own bed! I love the photos too!

Heather said...

Now that is a great idea! I'm not sure my kids would go for it though. Their favorite part is not sleeping in a tent but getting extremely dirty in the great outdoors (and peeing in the woods). Looks like they're having loads of fun. Smart move mom!

Heather said...

Hi Wendy!! I am so glad you stopped by my blog. I will add you to my links if that is ok! Your kids are growing up and are SO cute! We should go for lunch sometime. I will be checking back in to see what the "Joneses" are up to. :)

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Now that's my kind of camping! I'm so glad to find out you have joined the bloggin' world. It's lots of fun, plus I'm not a journal writer so this is as close as I'll ever get. See you at pre-school this week.

Renae said...

Yeah! I found you! Actually you found me, but no matter. I think we both have the same idea of "camping". And I absolutely love the shutters. And the blue walls, and the bed and comforter. I love it all. I think I need help with my room.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

what a great idea. I did this when I was a kid but we did it in our back yard. I ended up just getting scared and going back inside. So, doing this inside was a good idea. I remember zipping up the temp and when I tried to get out I zipped my hair up some how. Don't ask me how. So, watch Addy's hair next time. ;) I love the pics, they look so cute. But the real question is, did y'all have s'mores?