IKEA! Seriously, I love this store. I can't even tell you how many times that my dear friend Julee & I have loaded up a van or two with Ikea goods. I don't just mean a few things either, our bumper is dragging the ground, probably our record is about 12 large items or so. We have ripped the rubber off the back of our vans sliding huge boxes in. She has permanently damaged her thumb putting furniture together and once I broke my toe & lost a toenail after I dropped an Ikea box on it. (I was trying to put together something of Julees' to be nice, but, as Aunt Kathy says, no good deed shall go unpunished) But even with all of those sacrifices, for cool organizing and storage stuff, you just can't beat it. And just when you think you can't fit any more Ikea furniture in your house, you find another spot. And if you can't, Julee can, she is like a walking Ikea catalog. I can call her and tell her what I need and she will tell me the name & the price of what I should get. It comes in very handy. As if that wasn't enough, their food is really good & cheap too.
Now one of the true highlights of Ikea is putting all of the furniture together. But after several dozen items you really do get the hang of it. And I have quite the helper. Connor LOVES to put things together. He watches Handy Manny and is convinced that he is "Handy Mandy" at our house. I've got to say, he does a pretty good job too. Plus he looks great in a tool belt.
Here we are putting together a little computer desk(Mikael) for Tyler and a 4 cube (Expedit) book case for the kids books up in the loft. And of course I found a place for 1 more piece of furniture in my stamp room. I should post pictures of that sometime too. It is truly the room the Ikea built, and boy is it organized.




9 comments:
Please post a pic of your room! I need a push to get mine cleaned up for stashing everything in it for Christmas. Now it's just got to get organized again! I have a few IKEA items of my own, who would have thought! (just another thing we have in common huh?)LOL!
ohh the toe thing... eeks. i havent have good ikea luck... remember the cubicals they didn't have? Ask Julee if they have them again or not because I still really need them! (she is the walking catalog right?)
I got all my rugs from ikea! Do be sure that when you buy breakables that you do not wrap them in millions of plastic bags for protection while in the self checkout because after my mom and I did that we went to pay and it said "How many bags did you use today? 5 cents each!" ....erm, time to guesstimate ~uh-oh!
the room that ikea built, lol. It is a great room, that's for sure. I really love it. When we went to idea I was tired, hungry and not in the mood to walk through 50 departments just to get to the one I wanted. So, I should go back when I'm fed, have sleep and have my pants changed.
Our toy room in the basement has some big IKEA shelf/cube thingys and bins in it and I LOVE it (but I don't go nearly as often as you do even though there is one 10 minutes from my house now). Post pictures - I would love to see what you have done.
Glad to know that we are not hte only Ikea addicts. We are so bad that the boys favorite "cafe" is Ikea, seriously. They have a holiday here in Canada called family day, it's in February and the boys literally begged to go to Ikea for breakfast that day! Jeremy's favorite meal at Ikea is the 50 cent hotdogs...lol!
The amazing thing is that your home does not look like it has a bunch of IKEA items there. I like to go to IKEA, too, and I make a point to go whenever I'm in San Diego. I can't buy anything big, though, cuz... duh.
PS - Annalee's comment about needing her pants changed? What?
And it all works together so well. I'm envious of your room. It's not only beautiful but functional as well.
Ahhh, IKEA. I still have dreams of going there someday. Yes, I think I'm the only female in the Metropolitan Phoenix area that has never been to IKEA. It's probably better that way (at least for my pocket book)
Post a Comment