Thursday, January 8, 2009

I like the way you think.

Ok, no pictures this time, but the kids have said some pretty funny things lately.

Connor was in the car today and started choking while drinking some water.
I said, "Hey buddy, are you OK? Did it go down the wrong pipe?"
Through his coughing he says...

"Mom, they're tubes, not pipes, if you had pipes in your body you'd be a robot."

The other day I was driving Ashley to Gymnastics and she asked me what day she was born. I was thinking for a while and said, "I'm pretty sure I was in the hospital in labor all day Friday and then you were born very early Saturday morning, like 1:00a.m. or something" She sat there for a minute and then said...

"So did the Doctor have to wake you up to have me or were you already awake?"

Oh man, do I wish it was that easy. If the Doctor had just woken me up and said "Here's your baby!" Wouldn't that be great?

There was something else Connor said, but of course I didn't write it down fast enough, so it has fallen out of my swiss cheese brain. I'll add it later if I can remember.

9 comments:

Jill Ison said...

i love to hear stuff like that. kids are hilarious! i hope you remember that last one.

Jacque said...

Our kids said some pretty funny stuff too! Seems like it was mostly TJ. One day I was shopping in Fry's with TJ in the cart, and picked up some wooden spoons on the dollar days aisle. TJ immediately said, with a little pout..."Mommy, why are you buying spankers? Hmmmmmm, now everyone knows I was a child abuser!!!" But only till they left on their missions! LOL!

Lolo said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Too funny! That would be a dream to wake up...heres your baby! Can that happen to me please? PLEASE! Concon has me in stiches all the time. Cute kiddos.

I like the spankers story too! hehe.

Michelle said...

I like that idea of being woken up and being handed your baby - what ever happened to the stork?

I just love how little kids' minds work - they come up with the funniest things!

Renae said...

I love it. This is my favorite things about blogs. All of a sudden I have a place to write down all of the goofy things our kids say. Now my m.i.l. can get off my back. ;) Thanks for having Emma over.

Kelly said...

So funny! Maybe we are all robots!

Karen said...

LOL, those are good ones. I hope you remember the other one and all of them they come up with. LOL So funny.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

what silly kids! That would be wonderful if the doc would wake us up after oh....10 hours of sleep (with no contractions) and say ok, we're ready!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember all the funny stuff my kids say. I totally makes my day to hear funny kidisms.