Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The one about the Pizza Farm

Well, we finally made it to the notorious "Pizza Farm". Deep down I thought that Dylan was a little crazy and that we were just going to a farm, and then having pizza someplace. But here is proof that it is a PIZZA FARM. And the owners were italian, like Vertuccio or something so I was thinking, "This is gonna be good"
It's called a pizza farm for a couple of reasons. First, the garden is laid out like a pizza, a giant circle separated into 8 "pieces" The second reason is that they grow all of the ingredients for the pizza in each section. So there is a wheat slice for the crust, a cow slice for the cheese, a pig slice for pepperoni, ham, etc, a tomato slice for the sauce, an herb & vegetable slice for the toppings. Kind of an interesting idea. So you go through this whole speech and your mouth is watering for this fresh, homemade italian goodness pizza, and then you go back to the barn and have Domino's pizza, now come on, that is just cruel & unusual punishment. Is Domino's even considered real pizza? But at least the popsicles were good. This is the tomato slice.
They have fun rides for the kids. This is Dylan on the train pulled by a tractor, they wind all around the farm.

This is a momma goat that just had some cute little goat babies "kids?". 3 days old, how cute is that?

Dylan on this fun vehicle. They had to pedal themselves, so it realy wore them out quickly.

Dylan milking his first cow. I think he's got some good form, maybe he has found his calling?

Thanks for letting me tag along with you Dylan, you are a sweet boy and I like spending time with you! Even if it's at a farm. Oh and sorry for thinking that you and your pizza farm idea were crazy....

10 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

wow, how fun! Love the pics. Yeah, why did you get domino's. Weird!

Heather said...

Fun time down on the farm. Hunter had a great time there too.
Do you still want those poms?

Lolo said...

Oh for crying out loud!!! Dominos?!!! PUH-LEASE! LOL!!Thats just mean!

Jill Ison said...

k wait... so it was dominos for reals... not just gross pizza that tasted like dominos????? GROSS! thanks for the heads up so I can never go there! not that i ever heard of it before. k but really the kids would LOVE that! you guys are always having ƒun!

Karen said...

Funny, funny, funny. Awwww, it sure looks like Dylan had fun. I agree about the Domino's decoy. What a rip off! lol

Varney Family said...

That is awesome! I love the milking pictures :)

Jacque said...

Maybe I should send them my "Wonderful Pizza" recipe! Dominoes....I would rather eat a picture of pizza! Love the summer haircut on Dylan!

Anonymous said...

So, did you and Dylan learn how to make homemade pizza there? When are you having me over for the "real thing", definitely not Dominoes?!

Michelle said...

Okay - that is strange! Who came up with that? At least they had fun things for the kids to do.

Connie said...

What a fun idea and a fun day!