Monday, May 11, 2009

Sweet Ashley turns "7"


This little girl is the delight of my life. During my Ultrasound when they said it was a girl I could hardly believe it. I wanted a little girl SOOOO badly. At every Dr. appt. after that I would ask the Dr., is she still a girl? Even the day she was born, I think that was the first thing I said, "Is she still a girl?" I had this worry that it was some cruel joke and that they would say, "oops, we were wrong, it's a boy" and the poor guy would have a pink room and lots of pretty dresses. And the best part is that she is all girl. She is totally into pretty things, and clothes, and shoes, and jewelry and purses. This is one of my favorite pictures of her, I loved overalls of course, but it reminds me of how excited I was when I could finally get her hair into ponytails and/or braids.

See, I told you she likes the fluff. She is SOOOO fun to dress up, and she is SOOOO dramatic and makes the silliest faces and does the most lovely poses.


She is always making funny faces at me if she sees the camera.


She has always been a momma to all of us too, she is always checking on everyone to make sure that they have everything that they need, and that they are safe. She is also EXTREMELY generous, if someone is sad because they don't have something she will ALWAYS give hers up to make them happy. She is going to be such a great mom, she already is. This is her birthday crown that her Nana made for her to wear today.

The festivites began on Saturday when we went to see Sleeping Beauty with our neighbor friends.

The little girls all dressed up like princesses and looked so beautiful.

We took turns taking pictures of each other so that we could prove that we were there. I mean we're pretty too!!! I should have totally worn the Tiara though.

In true Ashley fashion she had to go a little funky and chose here fuzzy flip flop slippers to go with her gown. I love that girls style.

Happy, Happy Birthday Ashley dear. You are truly a fairy princess to me. I am so glad that you were born to our family. I thank the Lord every day that I get to be your mother, I am so very blessed.

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun party. Haley's grown out of the princess phase and I miss it. She is beautiful.

Jill Ison said...

7 no way. i think of her as 5. haha. i guess its probably true though. you are such a sweet mum. that looks like the best b-day ever. a fairytale princess's dream come true. love the picture of her with the little cute hair-do and gigantic smile on her cute face. happy birthday Ashley !!!!!

Merrill Family said...

She is beautiful. I'm so glad you got your little girl. There is something about mom and daughter time that is absolutely amazing. You two are so pretty!

Lolo said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!! She sure is a little dolly. I did notice how sweet she is to Savannah. What a cool kid! =)

Varney Family said...

I felt the same when they said Ruthie was a girl!! What a pretty princess. Happy Birthday Ashley ! ( James still talks about her - hehe.)

Jacque said...

So, Sleeping Beauty the Movie, or what??? I didn't know that was out again...She is a doll, so glad you got your girl. I got two of them, and neither one was what I would call a girly girl, but the'll do in a pinch!!LOL!

Karen said...

Adorable! I absolutely love you journaling all of these moments with your girly girl. These are precious keepsakes.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

awwww, what sweet pictures. I love that one of her with braids and overalls. What a fun mommy daughter date. And she got to dress up. I'm disappointed you didn't dress up though.

Jadyn Maree said...

How fun! Ashley is such a beautiful little girl and is growing up FAST! I rememebr when she was born and my mom wouldn't let me see her. =) It's funny the things you rememer from your childhood. Anyhow, tell her Happy Birthday for me.